regressions because of the new tank handling

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 03:21:38 PDT 2017

On 16 September 2017 at 12:41, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 15.09.2017 um 03:45 schrieb Dirk Hohndel:
>
> On Sep 14, 2017, at 11:39 AM, Willem Ferguson
> <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> I include four dives I did last month, as well as the profile info on
> Subsurface 4.6.4. Unfortunately I cannot build the latest master due to Qt
> 5.9 problems on Ubuntu.
>
> Can you say more about that. I thought I fixed the Ubuntu build (and the
> latest test binaries are in the PPA). What's failing for you? On which
> Ubuntu version?
>
> I've been curious and gave the linux build a try because I'm also on Xubuntu
> 16.04. What I didn't do up to now is updating Qt. Means I'm still on 5.5.1
> for the linux build.
>
> What I see/saw is the following:
> - First of all downloading the private headers for QtLocation and
> QtPositioning works but building the googlemaps plugin fails. Is there also
> a minimum Qt version > 5.5.1 required for this?
> - Then I had to install qtdeclarative5-qtlocation-plugin and
> qtdeclarative5-qtpositioning-plugin

it's kind of hard to tell what the minimum required version is, unless
one tries it.
the source code of the plugin indicates support for <= Qt 5.6.x.

what error messages are you getting?

> - And now I still have this error when trying to run the resulting exe
> although I installed qtdeclarative5-qtquick2-plugin:
> qrc:/MapWidget.qml:334:2: Type MapWidgetContextMenu unavailable
> qrc:/MapWidgetContextMenu.qml:2:1: module "QtQuick" version 2.6 is not
> installed

could you try changing this in MapWidgetContextMenu.qml:
"import QtQuick 2.6"
to this:
"import QtQuick 2.0"

and see if it the above error goes away?

> MapWidget status 3
> Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)
> Ok, it is clear that googlemaps plugin failed to build so finally I don't
> expect the exe to work...

even if the map plugin is not found, subsurface should still run with
a similar error:
"cannot find a plugin named 'googlemaps'"

lubomir