BLE logs OSTC3

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Sep 18 08:47:12 PDT 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 05:24:50PM +0200, Jan Mulder wrote:
> On IRC, Dirk asked me for some logs of successful BLE download sessions.
>
> Attached are 2 files:
> 1) the console output (with -vv) of a download session on Arch Linux.
> 2) The standard developer log from Subsurface-mobile on Android.

Thanks. The Android one is clearly from latest master. We should output
the full version on the desktop as well, just to make things easier. I
assume that's latest master, too?

> Both self built. And 2) on a very recent Android 7.1.2 LineageOS
> distribution on Android security patch level of September 5, 2017. So all
> patches related to the recent BlueBourne vulnerability.

Good.

Both logs show that the commmunication with the OSTC is fundamentally
different from the other BLE dive computers - and that my changes didn't
break things for you.

> Further notice: 1) did load 0 dives, which is correct as the logbook was up
> to date. and 2) did download 1 dive, which is also correct as my cloud
> storage was 1 dive behind.
>
> And a small bug recently introduced (on mobile). See the following logging
> fragment:
>
> "28.459: Dive 1: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:59 AM"
> "31.119: Dive 2: Mon Sep 4, 2017 8:32 PM"
> "31.127: Already downloaded dive at Mon Sep 4, 2017 8:32 PM"
> "31.240: No new dives downloaded from dive computer"
> Finishing the thread  dives downloaded 1
> 1 dive downloaded
>
> The logging on 31.127 is correct. But on 31.240 is not correct. This flashes
> also briefly over the screen.

I must have gotten something wrong in the detection of how many dives were
downloaded. I'll need to look into that. It should be triggered by the
number of dives in the downloadTable - but it looks like that should be 1
in your case. And the text should only be shown if that is 0 of course.

Thanks for sending these!