who has BLE dive computers - which one, which OSs can you test

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Sep 19 07:45:33 PDT 2017

Hi there,

I asked almost the same question before, but only a few people answered...

I'm trying to figure out how much coverage we have for testing BLE support, but at this
point I can't really tell how many of us have access to such devices (and which OSs
they might be testing on).

So, could you please respond and tell me

- which BLE dive computer do you have access to
  (So far only support Suunto EON Steel, Heinrich Weikamp OSTC 4,
  Shearwater Perdix AI (and dual stack Perdix / Petrel 2), and Scubapro G2 --
  if you have others, I'd love to know as well)

- which OSs can you test on

I'll start:

Suunto EON Steel
Shearwater Perdix AI
Shearwater Petrel 2 dual stack

Mac
Linux (only Fedora on a physical machine, BLE doesn't work in a VM)
Windows (currently an ancient netbook with BLE dongle)
Android
iOS

Thanks