Summer work on the planner - Issue with QSpinBox planner preferences

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Wed Sep 20 06:01:08 PDT 2017

Hello All,

Am 18.09.2017 um 22:48 schrieb Stefan Fuchs:

> Hi Robert, hi Tomaz,

>> I have a finding here which may be related to this discussion about
>> long calculation times for Roberts new feature and the questions
>> about plan() being called multiple times:
>>
>> Since Roberts change here on my side not only the calculation of the
>> plan takes much longer but also this happens:
>> If I increase or decrease any QSpinBox value in the planner
>> preferences by clicking on the up or down arrow the QSpinBox value is
>> increased/decreased by two steps instead of one. This happens with
>> any QSpinBox based value like gas options, ascent rates, VPM
>> conservatism,...
>>
>> I don't believe this really comes from Roberts change but it was
>> maybe revealed by it.
>>
>> Can you reproduce this?
>>
> I found a hint how this double increment/decrement issue of the
> QSpinBoxes could be explained:
> https://github.com/MRtrix3/mrtrix3/issues/306
>
> So beside the fact that I up to now do not like these long calculation
> times after each parameter change that much (I guess it's the same for
> Robert himself) I would recommend the following regarding the UI controls:
> [...]
> - Turn off the mouse button hold causes repeated in/decrease feature
> of each QSpinBox. No clue yet how this can be done.

Found even a second reference on the web and maybe a better solution:
https://github.com/manisandro/gImageReader/issues/37

Maybe we should indeed disable most of the planner UI elements while the
calculations are performed and enable them again after they are
finished. I would love to test this but once again recognized that I
have almost no object oriented programming skills at all... :-(

How can I call PlannerSettingsWidget::disableDecoElements (in fact
later-on a modified variant)
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/desktop-widgets/diveplanner.cpp#L250

from somewhere here in DivePlannerPointsModel::createPlan
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/qt-models/diveplannermodel.cpp#L986

Best regards
Stefan

--