thinking about 4.7

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Sep 22 03:24:24 PDT 2017

As we start thinking about the next release (never mind that we still
haven't managed to get Subsurface-mobile 2.0 out the door), one of my
concerns is lack of testing of the binaries that I create.

Right now I'm building Windows (that gets a decent amount of testing it
seems), Mac (not as much), Ubuntu (very little), openSUSE/Fedora (any?).
I still haven't wrestled appImages into submission (definitely on my
critical path towards 4.7).

If you are regularly / occasionally testing any of these builds, could you
respond here, please?

Of course it's suport helpful when people build from source and test that
- but it's also important that we have a certain level of confidence that
the builds that our users will use get enough testing :-)

Thanks