thinking about 4.7

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 08:26:39 PDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 September 2017 at 17:29, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>> So this is missing the QML modules for location and positioning. Obviously this shouldn't crash. Equally obviously, I'd prefer if we figured out how to install those automatically as dependencies.
>>>
>>> Any idea how to do the latter?
>>
>> Attached patch should do it, but I haven't tested it. It should be
>> easiest to test by building a new package and trying with that.
>>
>> Anyway, after I installed the two qml packages, the map is still not
>> working (plugin not found), but at least no crash:
>> ---8<---
>> qml: MapWidget.qml: cannot find a plugin named: googlemaps
>> qrc:/MapWidget.qml:25:2: QML Map: Error: Plugin does not support mapping.
>> Error message:The geoservices provider is not supported.
>> qrc:/MapWidget.qml:21: Error: Cannot assign [undefined] to
>> QDeclarativeGeoMapType*
>> MapWidget ready
>> ---8<---
>
> "The geoservices provider is not supported" hints towards the
> QtLocation and QtPositioning modules not being installed.

One would think that these were installed by the packages
qml-module-qtlocation and qml-module-qtpositioning.

> did the googlemaps plugin build successfully after fetching the
> qtlocation and qtpositioning private headers with build.sh?

This is build in Launchpad, so don't really know that much of the
internals. Anyway, the build log is
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/337892249/buildlog_ubuntu-xenial-amd64.subsurface_4.6.4.839-1~xenial_BUILDING.txt.gz

> also, what Qt version do you have?

Seems to be 5.5.1 on the OS. (Everything works when I build myself
against Qt 5.9.1, but this error was when testing our packages from
launchpad.)

miika