thinking about 4.7

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 17:36:31 PDT 2017

On 22 September 2017 at 21:44, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 09:13:05PM +1000, Rick Walsh wrote:
> > On 22 Sep. 2017 20:24, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > If you are regularly / occasionally testing any of these builds, could
> you
> > respond here, please?
> >
> > I can test on Fedora 26 and Windows 7 and 10.
>
> Thanks
>
> > Of course it's suport helpful when people build from source
>
> I meant to type "super helpful" - clearly not yet awake
>
> > I usually build from source in F26, but have not managed to build the
> > Google Earth plugin myself.
>
> I thought I tested that on Fedora. Need to go back to that, I guess.
> Are you using build.sh? What's failing when you try to build?

I should I said I can build it, but it won't work.  The map wasn't
displaying and Subsurface would hang after selecting a different dive.  But
forget about that - I just got rid of my Subsurface build dir and the
googlemaps dir, let build.sh recreate everything, and it worked :)  Looks
good.

> > I have not been able to download from my Petrel 2 on F26 or Android
> >  (either my or your builds) since BLE became default.
>
> I have a Petrel 2 and test it on Android all the time. Can you post a log
> for that, please?

It won't connect to the dive computer.  Running with -vv I get.

qt.bluetooth.bluez: Bluez 5 detected.
qt.bluetooth.bluez: Creating QtBluezDiscoveryManager
qt.bluetooth.bluez: Discovered:  "00:13:43:0E:6B:D0" "Petrel" Num UUIDs 3
total device 0 cached RSSI 0 Class 0
qt.bluetooth.bluez: Discovered:  "34:8A:7B:31:EF:07" "Samsung Galaxy S7"
Num UUIDs 14 total device 1 cached RSSI 0 Class 5898764
qt.bluetooth.bluez: Updating RSSI for "00:13:43:0E:6B:D0" QVariant(short,
-64)
qt.bluetooth.bluez: void QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgentPrivate::stop()
INFO: FTDI disabled
qt.bluetooth.bluez: No settings found for peer device.
qt.bluetooth.bluez: HCI event triggered, type: e
qt.bluetooth.bluez: HCI event triggered, type: e
qt.bluetooth.bluez: HCI event triggered, type: e
INFO: dc_deveice_open error value of -6

I get the same error with either my build from master or your
subsurfacedaily-4.6.4.839-1.1.x86_64.rpm

Once I'm back at home I can test on Fedora as well. In the meantime, a log