thinking about 4.7

Dietrich Meyer dietrich at sunnynames.com
Sat Sep 23 00:14:13 PDT 2017

On Samstag, 23. September 2017 06:41:23 CEST you wrote:
> > Anything more specific I could test?
>
> Key things I worry about
> a) does the map widget work

Yes, as far as I can see, everything works fine
	- click on dive in list, map moves and zooms to dive
	- click on divesite in map selects corresponding dive(s) in list
	- select visible dives from menu in map works
	- choosing dive site with double-click works
	- changing exact position of dive site by dragging with mouse works (never
noticed this in the old version, is this new feature? Cool!)

> b) does printing work

Yes, works fine. Printing all dives, or printing just selected dives, tried two
different templates.
Small suggestion for improvement: Current subsurface does not remember which
template was used last (it always offers "Flowlayout") . I am not using paper
logbook since I stated to use subsurfacemobile, but if I would print
regularely I would like subsurface to remember my choice of template...

> c) can you connect to Facebook

Can't  test - I am not on facebook.

> (those three are stuff that is frequently broken)
>
> Then
>
> d) a sanity check that you can download from your dive computer

Works from Suunto Vyper 2 with 3rd-party USB-Serial adaptor.

> e) that you can connect to cloud storage

Yesterday was one occasion, where it didn't connect and used local data. Then
I selected "take cloud storage online", and that worked. Have started the
program several times since then, and no problems. So I would say, yes it does
work.

> With those 5 things tested, I'd be comfortable that it's not completely
> broken...

It is not completely broken  :-)
or in other words: very usable from my perspective.

Dietrich