thinking about 4.7

Dietrich Meyer dietrich at sunnynames.com
Sat Sep 23 02:53:40 PDT 2017

On Samstag, 23. September 2017 11:46:12 CEST you wrote:
> On 23 September 2017 at 10:14, Dietrich Meyer <dietrich at sunnynames.com>
wrote:
> >         - changing exact position of dive site by dragging with mouse
> >         works (never
> >
> > noticed this in the old version, is this new feature? Cool!)
>
> in the old version it was possible to double click on a new location
> to move the selected dive marker there.
> in the new version, double click is used for zoom-in (like in google
> maps) and the dive marker location is changed by dragging, which is
> arguably a smoother UX.

I totally agree, I like the new behaviour! Thanks for all the work done!

> >> b) does printing work
> >
> > Yes, works fine. Printing all dives, or printing just selected dives,
> > tried two different templates.
> > Small suggestion for improvement: Current subsurface does not remember
> > which template was used last (it always offers "Flowlayout") . I am not
> > using paper logbook since I stated to use subsurfacemobile, but if I
> > would print regularely I would like subsurface to remember my choice of
> > template...
> if you have a github account you can log this as an issue here (e.g.
> "change-request: ... title"):
> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues
>
> if you don't have an account i can log this for you.

No, I don't have a github account (not a software developer...), so can't
enter it there.
But then I also think this is a really low-priority issue, not sure how many
people still print paper logbooks if they can have the data on the phone...

Dietrich