iOS app - getting closer but stuck

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 23 21:32:12 PDT 2017

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 10:34:20AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> This is insanely stupid. Seriously.
>
> I have BLE working on iOS (I think), but I'm stuck testing because of a QML
> issue that I can't figure out. This same code works fine on Android, obviously.
>
> The DownloadFromDivecomputer QML file doesn't show anything in the
> drop downs. I added debug output in subsurface-mobile-helper.cpp to print
> out vendorList right after it gets assigned in setContextProperty and I can see
> that the Scubapro, Shearwater and Suunto are there (oops, need to add
> Heinrichs Weikamp). But the drop down on the iPAD is empty and tapping on
> it results in
>
> INFO: stale focus object PageRow_QMLTYPE_56_QML_64(0x170320280) , doing manual update
> INFO: stale focus object DownloadFromDiveComputer_QMLTYPE_108(0x170334dc0) , doing manual update
> INFO: <Unknown File>: QML DelegateModel: Error creating delegate
>
> At this point I'm a bit out of ideas and am looking for inspiration what else to
> try...

More updates on iOS...

If I run Subsurface-mobile under the debugger from within Qt Creator, it
does create the drop downs correctly. But if I run it from Xcode (or build
an ipa with Xcode - which is the only way I can create an iTunes package),
then the drop down is non-functional.

Worse, when I then try to download data from a BLE dive computer, the app
just hangs. I can't make sense out of what I see in the debugger when
stopping the app and looking at the different threads. Every thread seems
to just be sitting at a semaphore. And it seems that I no longer get debug
information as at least one of them is sitting and hanging with the stack
indicating that this is in the middle of trying to print out a qDebug()
statement.