thinking about 4.7

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Sep 26 20:41:41 PDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 11:21:59PM -0400, Federico Masias wrote:

> > Yes it is. Please do.
> >

> Done.

Thanks, already merged

> > > Facebook upload mostly works, but Subsurface asks for an album name to
> > place the photo into an album... but Facebook simply posts it to an album
> > called "Subsurface Photos" -- no mention of the user defined album
> > anywhere. I'd also caution against using the verbiage of "profile picture"
> > in the instructions when referring to the dive profile graph, as that
> > phrase means something else completely to Facebook users.
> >
> > Both great points. Can you fix this in the code? Otherwise, please raise
> > an issue on Github.
> > These are both easy to address
> >

> I was able to change the string, but I've noticed a few more things about
> the parameters that are passed to Facebook, so I'll raise a Github issue
> about that shortly, but the short version is that I'm not sure if we're
> passing the wrong info to the FB API, or it's being ignored -- both for the
> album name and privacy settings. I don't have time tonight to investigate,
> and I'm sure someone around here is much better at it than I -- but if it's
> not fixed by someone else, I'll try and follow up on it when I do have a
> bit more time.

Tomaz recently updated our code to the latest API version. Did you test
with the latest test version or with the last release version? If the
former, let's make sure you tag @tcanabrava in the issue so he can look
into this to see if maybe something got mixed up with the change to the
newer API.

Thanks again