Cloud server

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Apr 2 10:45:30 PDT 2018

This is a comment that always comes up when I talk about this.

The challenge is that with the Subsurface Cloud I can at least fix problems on the backend. Which means if users get stuck, I can help.
If we “support” random git repos, we will get loads of requests to help us with the backend side, from authentication to repo creation to connectivity to I don’t even know what else.
And once that genie is out of the bottle, we won’t be able to put it back in. Multiply this by GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, “running my own git server”. And by Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS. And you may see why I am very, very hesitant here.

/D