maps on iOS

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 12:58:00 PDT 2018

On 7 April 2018 at 07:35, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 10:58 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks to Murillo we finally have a working map module on iOS as well.
>

> Great!
>

>> If you are registered for TestFlight you should have received a
>> notification.
>> If you aren't (or didn't) and would like to play with this, please drop me
>> a line.
>>
>> Overall iOS is still our smallest user group with the fewest people
>> actively
>> testing - so if you have access to an iOS device, I'd really appreciate
>> some
>> feedback.
>

> Initially the map seems to be working OK. At least it shows the dive I have
> chosen from dive list.
>
> It appears that one cannot choose location for a dive that does not contain
> any GPS coordinates. Looking at options for a dive with coordinates, it
> appears that this might not be supported on mobile at all.

i must admit that i didn't test adding GPS to a dive that doesn't have it.

if editing coordinates from the dive details creates a `dive_site`
object and adds it to the list of dive sites, then the map will create
a marker for it once re-opened / reloaded. that's how the map backend
works on desktop and mobile.
editing the coordinates of a dive with GPS did work the last time i've checked.

> I wonder if both the mapit icon and gps icon at the bottom are both
> required. Maybe just getting rid of the button at the top right corner?

hmm, i'm not sure which one is the GPS icon.
i was only using the "map it" button on top of the dive details to open the map.

> How is the choosing of shown dive sites supposed to work? Does it make any
> sense on mobile? I can highlight the dives shown on the map, but they don't
> seem to be selected when I return to dive list. If there is no proper
> need/use for choosing multiple dives on mobile then maybe disable this
> options from the map. Or do we somehow support editing multiple dives on
> mobile?

selecting multiple flags on the map or selecting multiple dives in the
dive list is not possible on mobile.
selecting a flag from the map should select a single dive from the
dive list (latest dive on that dive site).

maybe you found a bug, because at least a couple of people confirmed
that the selection works when this was merged.

lubomir