maps on iOS

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 11:53:36 PDT 2018

On 8 April 2018 at 08:10, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for missing quotes, but starting the mail from mobile to attach
> the screenshot failed to quote your text.
>
> Adding coordinates to the edit text field does work. However, I did
> not see a way to select a spot on the map.

yep, not possible.
this is a missing feature and i'm not sure we want it on mobile.

if we want it, we need to talk about the UX - i.e. how is this going to work.
then i need to find time to do it.

> The attached screenshot shows a location icon on the left side of
> action button. This takes one to the map just like the mapit button.

oh, i didn't even know such a button exists.

> You can select multiple flags using the upper right icon on the map
> window. Opens up a menu allowing to select visible dive locations
> (along with copying coordinates and opening google maps). Except now
> that I re-test it, it seems that only one flag is actually selected.
> So we should get rid of this particular menu item if it is not working
> and cannot be used.

that's a limitation on mobile - the action only selects a single dive
from the dive list (the most recent dive).
on desktop it selects all the dives in the dive list for the visible
dive markers.

arguably still usable on mobile.

lubomir