Bluetooth fails on mobile

Peter Zaal peter.zaal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 01:53:46 PDT 2018

I have the same issue with downloading from my Petrel 2 on my Huawei P8
(Android 6.0). I can pair with my phone but Subsurface often sees only a
BLE device (an LE: address).
After a lot of times unpairing, pairing again, restarting subsurface,
sometimes disabling and reenabling BT on the phone, than suddenly it works
and I can download. I didn't find yet the sequence when and how it starts
working however.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 4:10 PM, Willem Ferguson <
willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> On 09/04/2018 22:21, Davide DB wrote:
>

> Il lun 9 apr 2018, 21:09 Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>> Still trying the latest APK on my phones.
>>
>> No way to download dives from my Petrel 2 on my 4 different phones.
>>
>> On a Google Nexus 5 only I don't get the BT FAIL error on my Petrel.
>> IMHO On Subsurface the UI error message is fake: "no new dives were found
>> on this device" but I don't think there was a real data transfer because I
>> get the same error while downloading dives from my Samsung TV.
>>
>> What can I do to get the dives on my phone?
>>
>> I attached a screenshot of the app log.
>>
>> PS
>> Why don't you use a text control hence text can be selected and copy
>> pasted here?
>>
>> Thank you as always
>>
>> davide at mobile
>>
> On a Samsung S6 (Android 7.0)  the phone sees my Petrel 2 and pairs to it.
> However, when downloading dives, the phone only sees a BTLE device and
> apparently cannot handle the BTLE mode (error 133). Have no idea why it
> doesn't  also see an ordinary BT device. Therefore no downloads.
> Kind regards,
> willem
>

> This message and attachments are subject to a disclaimer.
> Please refer to http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/
> 004167.pdf for full details.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Peter Zaal