Bluetooth fails on mobile

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Apr 11 03:28:00 PDT 2018

On 11/04/2018 12:15, Davide DB wrote:
> On 11 April 2018 at 10:53, Peter Zaal <peter.zaal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have the same issue with downloading from my Petrel 2 on my Huawei P8
>> (Android 6.0). I can pair with my phone but Subsurface often sees only a BLE
>> device (an LE: address).
>> After a lot of times unpairing, pairing again, restarting subsurface,
>> sometimes disabling and reenabling BT on the phone, than suddenly it works
>> and I can download. I didn't find yet the sequence when and how it starts
>> working however.
>>

> Thanks Peter,
>
> My question, among the others, was:
>
> Once the download starts and an error occurs, Subsurface UI should
> exit the download eventually signaling the error.
> >From what I can see from my logs (English translation between
> parenthesis are mine) I get :
>
> I'm not a  developer but from logs it's like the downloading thread
> has successfully stopped and some of the dives are being saved
> somewhere... But even restarting Subsurface nothing has changed into
> my dive list.

Davide,

I think these are two separate issues. Peter and myself cannot make a
connection at all because an ordinary bluetooth transfer option is not
available (only BTLE). You, on the other hand, is making a bluetooth
connection but lose some dives in the download process. Is that correct?

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf