Bluetooth fails on mobile

Long, Martin martin at longhome.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 05:18:31 PDT 2018

On 11 April 2018 at 11:42, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 April 2018 at 12:36, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 11 April 2018 at 12:28, Willem Ferguson
> > <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> >
> >> Davide,
> >>
> >> I think these are two separate issues. Peter and myself cannot make a
> >> connection at all because an ordinary bluetooth transfer option is not
> >> available (only BTLE). You, on the other hand, is making a bluetooth
> >> connection but lose some dives in the download process. Is that correct?
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >>
> >> willem
> >
> > Yes
> >
> > No dives at all actually :)
> >

> Regardless of the BT failure (I'm resigned) actually my concern was
> about Subsurface UI not managing correctly the error sequence.

I'm having the same problems.  I'm able to download successfully using my
single stack (LE) Perdix AI, although even that can be temperamental.
Normally a phone reboot is required, and then I have to start Bluetooth on
the Perdix AFTER I start the download in subsurface.

On my dual-stack Petrel 2, I can't get it to download at all. I used to be
able to do it when the Petrel showed up as both an LE device and a classic
BT device, but now it only shows up as LE, so it doesn't work. (Is this a
subsurface change? Can we make it show dual-stack devices as both again?)

This is on a Pixel 2, running the lastest patch release of Orio.

Perdix AI - Firmware v53/BT06 Hardware AI-02A
Petrel 2 (DiveCAN, JJ-CCR) - Firmware v53 Hardware 3.4.1

I suspect the BT stack in Android is still buggy. Once it has failed, it
doesn't let me do certain things, like switch BT on/off, and Forget
devices. However, it was possible to work around these issues when I could
choose either stack for the Petrel 2, Now I can't do that.

Martin