ftdi download broken ?

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 00:59:36 PDT 2018

Good morning.

I've been out of the water for a while, and re-took diving this month.
I've found that I can't do ftdi download both on android and on desktop. As
usual, on desktop, regular USB download via /dev/ttyUSB0 works just fine.
Past year (october?) ftdi download worked well for me on desktop and
android.

Using a H&W OSTC 2N.

On Android, there is nothing interesting in the log, but on desktop I get
this:

  1 Subsurface: v4.7.8, built with libdivecomputer
v0.7.0-devel-Subsurface-branch (d02f1c3cdcc6a04d085538578d872ec6e3282382)
  2 INFO: Open: name=ftdi
  3 ERROR: No existe el fichero o el directorio (2) [in
../../src/serial_posix.c:299 (dc_serial_open)]
  4 ERROR: Failed to open the serial port. [in ../../src/hw_ostc.c:148
(hw_ostc_device_open)]

And, in console we can see:

Starting download from  ftdi
Starting the thread 0
INFO: dc_deveice_open error value of -4

The error seems to be:

common.h:    DC_STATUS_NODEVICE = -4,

I thought it could be a permission issue, but I get the same even running
as root.

BTW I'm using the appimage, as I'm unable to build the map plugin (debian
has moved recently to Qt5 10.1 and something else seems broken here).

Best regards.

Salva.