Any brave dive computer download testers out there?

Sébastien Dugué sebastien.dugue.subsurface at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:47:18 PDT 2018

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 9:55 AM, Sébastien Dugué
<sebastien.dugue.subsurface at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Linus,
>
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 5:35 AM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>  So libdivecomputer has a new custom IO model, which allows us to drop
>> our home-made one.
>>
>> However, that new model is fairly different from our old model, and
>> there were other updates too, so the changes are "flag-day" changes
>> where we switch over both libdivecomputer and subsurface together.
>>
>> I have *TEST* branches for both, in case people want to help test.
>> Note! I only do source code, so this really only works for people who
>> can build their own subsurface binary, but if you are one of those
>> hardy souls, it realy would be good to get more cases tested.
>
>   That's really cool! I'll try that out tonight (CET) with my Uwatec DCs just to
> check IRDA is still functional.

  OK, after much pain trying to build without BLE (old QT5), I managed
to have a functional
subsurface.

  However, when trying to download from my Galileo, even though the
'device or mount point' entry
is greyed out, it insists on trying to open /dev/ttyS4 which makes no
sense for irda...

  Just for the record, I managed to dump the dc with dctool so it
looks like this issue is related
to subsurface proper.

  Cheers,
  Sébastien.