Any brave dive computer download testers out there?

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 12:12:22 PDT 2018

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 9:47 PM, Linus Torvalds <
torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 11:31 AM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I failed with BT download (OSTC Sport). But my download fails also with
> the
> > release version of Subsurface. Unpairing-pairing works but no download
> with
> > subsurface on Linux desktop for me :(
>
> Is the OSTC sport a rfcomm (legacy BT) device?
>
> I don't have any of those, so I couldn't test it.

Yep, good old fashioned fast bluetooth (when it works). I just tested with
some appimages that are laying around on my machine and it works with

Subsurface v4.7.4-3-g6addfe16605b,
built with libdivecomputer v0.6.0-devel-Subsurface-branch
(7de3a549ee588fef4702ee9d894e390aca43950d)

The latest appimage and normal binary are both not working. So the stuff
broke down some time between the 4.7.4 and 4.7.8, but I have currently no
idea when. I might have a change to look into this tomorrow, but after that
it'll be at least a week when I have no change of doing anything related.

miika