Any brave dive computer download testers out there?

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Apr 22 09:37:29 PDT 2018

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 3:52 AM, Jérémie Guichard <djeBrest at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just tried Scubapro G2 over bluetooth on Android build and it did not
> work, but I must say this was already the case on Android for the normal
> release.

Hmm. I just tried my G2 over USB, and that worked fine.

But bluetooth connects and starts downloading the data fine, but then
it doesn't import:

    Dive data import error dives downloaded 0

but I did get one "Failed to receive the packet" error. The BLE packet
handling is a _lot_ less reliable than serial is.

Hmm. I tried again, and it worked and downloaded all 78 dives on my G2.

So the bluetooth case works (at least on Linux desktop), it's just:

 (a) really really damn slow, and you can't interrupt it in the middle
because it doesn't download one dive at a time

 (b) fragile and does bad things if you get any BLE errors.

and that makes it less than wonderful (to the point of maybe being useless).

Jef, even when I already have all dives, the G2 download will
apparently just download the whole memory dump and then parse later.
That _really_ doesn't work very well. Is there no way to download one
dive at a time?

               Linus