Any brave dive computer download testers out there?

Matt Thompson mathomp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 19:33:04 PDT 2018

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 9:59 AM, Matt Thompson <mathomp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 9:51 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> > On Apr 23, 2018, at 7:43 AM, Matt Thompson <mathomp at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I do have the USB drivers for the D4i installed on macOS and Windows.
>> On all three platforms I was able to successfully download dives using
>> Subsurface 4.7.8.  I take that to mean that I have the correct permissions
>> on the platforms so it is just down to the difference between the -NG and
>> 4.7.8 branches.  I can generate Subsurface and libdivecomputer logs if that
>> would help.
>>
>> This is the logic that I care the most about.
>> If you have situations where 4.7.8 can successfully download, but NG
>> cannot, then I want to see the Subsurface and libdivecomputer logs and
>> understand why that is the case so we can fix this.
>> I am very eager to get NG merged into master, but not at the cost of
>> significant regressions.
>>
>> /D
>>
>> I'll generate the logs this evening and post them here.
>

> Here is the libdivecomputer log from macOS.  I verified once again that I
can successfully download dives from 4.7.8 but not from -NG.  I'm not sure
how to generate subsurface logs.  If someone can point me in the right
direction I'll generate that as well.

The console output from the same run was:
Starting download from  /dev/tty.usbserial-STVBTFOQ
Starting the thread 0
INFO: dc_device_open error value of 0
[135.739204] ERROR: Failed to receive the answer. [in
../../src/suunto_d9.c:253 (suunto_d9_device_packet)]
[138.712562] ERROR: Unexpected echo. [in ../../src/suunto_d9.c:239
(suunto_d9_device_packet)]
[141.818176] ERROR: Unexpected echo. [in ../../src/suunto_d9.c:239
(suunto_d9_device_packet)]
[141.836584] ERROR: Failed to read the memory header. [in
../../src/suunto_common2.c:255 (suunto_common2_device_foreach)]
Finishing the thread Dive data import error dives downloaded 0

-Matt