Any brave dive computer download testers out there?

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Apr 24 11:29:43 PDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 11:25 AM, Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> I did the same download by setting the dropdown option in the BT setup panel
> to 'Force Classical'.

The new code just ignores the classic/ble/auto setting right now.

I'd rather do it using the "dc_transports" model that we now use for
everything else anyway, the old model was totally different.

> Interesting error message at end of log. I have never managed to get the BLE
> working. My Petrel is pretty recent, so I am reasonably sure it can do both.

The Shearwater dive computers can be temperamental when it comes to BLE.

I've never used the rfcomm thing (my Perdix AI doesn't support it),
but the BLE works reliably for me - once it has connected once. But
getting it to connect that first time can be a crap-shoot.

So the Shearwater BLE code seems to have some history, and probably
remembers who it paired with last or something. And apparently you
have never been able to get it to get to that paired state.

                    Linus