[subsurface-4.7.8-81-gb930c39eade0] issue on displaying GF

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Thu Apr 26 02:03:58 PDT 2018

On 26 April, 2018 - Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor wrote:

>  Yes I figured that out , but would pose more sense if there would be no
> subsurface setting in this matter. It makes no sense to setup the dive log
> to display 30/75 when the dive computer reports it was using 30/70 for that
> dive. Even more what if during a dive I change the GF settings on the
> computer (which is possible on th eshearwater)??? what will subsurface than
> display? it should display a icon in the dive profile just like a cylinder
> change. Right?

There are two portions here. The deco calculations done by your
computer, and whats done after the fact in subsurface.

Both can be displayed in the profile.

The subsurface setting affects the deco calculations that subsurface are
doing, on the data (depth / time) from your dc.

If you're to change your deco settings while diving, that will just
affect the deco data generated by your computer.

This way, you can compare dive computers deco algorithms with the
subsurface implementation.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604