Averages and time zone

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Apr 26 10:20:06 PDT 2018

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 9:42 AM, tormento <turment at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to see average depth and average heartbeat, plus a local time zone
> correction.

Average depth is already there, it shows up as a "average until this
point" line in the graph if you have it enabled (because some tech
divers find that useful).

Average heartbeat somebody would have to just implement. Nobody has
asked for it.

Local time zone you need to either

 - fix your computer use to use local time when diving (that's what
everybody else does, and most dive computers don't support anything
*but* that)

 - edit the time by hand after the download.

We've discussed having a per-trip timezeone setting, but nobody really
wants the confusion or room for error.

                Linus