Build Ubuntu 18.04

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 04:35:40 PDT 2018

hi,

On 27 April 2018 at 13:32, Martin Měřinský <mermar at centrum.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
> for latest Ubuntu, qtdeclarative5-private-dev package is missing in
> packages list in INSTALL file.

Ubuntu should have a package for this one i think?
feel free to send a patch for INSTALL.

> But I'm not able to build it anyway.
>
> ./subsurface/scripts/build.sh
>
> /data/ss/googlemaps/qgeotiledmapgooglemaps.h:4:10: fatal error:
> QtLocation/private/qgeotiledmap_p.h: No such file or directory
>  #include "QtLocation/private/qgeotiledmap_p.h"
>           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> compilation terminated.

<snip>

we do have a section in build.sh that tries to pull the private
headers for qt-location and qt-pisitioning:
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/scripts/build.sh#L148

the above errors suggests that this build.sh code isn't working. i
guess you need to find out why.
try adding some "echo" calls in there to see what succeeds and also
look at your folder structure for the private headers.

thanks
lubomir