Cleaned up and rebased "libdivecomputer-NG" branch

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Apr 27 14:53:38 PDT 2018

> On Apr 27, 2018, at 2:49 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Service "fe25c237-0ece-443c-b0aa-e02033e7029d" discovered (start: 9 end: 9 ) QLowEnergyServicePrivate(0xc5271c00)
>
> just realized that 9 / 9 mean the start and end handle for this service.
> so i guess that also confirms that the service has no characteristics
> if they are equal.

That makes sense

> the origin of the handles comes from the java backend.
> the file hasn't seen activity since July 2017.
>
> it might be hard to figure out what's going on unless some debug code
> is added in this java file near the callers of this function:
> https://github.com/qt/qtconnectivity/blob/5.10.1/src/android/bluetooth/src/org/qtproject/qt5/android/bluetooth/QtBluetoothLE.java#L867
>
> the comment on top of the function says:
> "//TODO function not yet used"
>
> yet, i see that's it's being used to make this JNI call
> "leServiceDetailDiscoveryFinished()" which reaches the C++ methods
> that trigger the debug messages such as the one above:
> "Service XXXX discovered (…"

Interesting - definitely there are oddities in that Java code. I just noticed
that my dual stack Petrel 2 isn’t recognized as dual stack at all - only as
BT device.

>>> i guess this can be confirmed by this slot which should trigger when
>>> we start the service details discovery:
>>> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/core/qt-ble.cpp#L47
>>>
>>> does the same service UUID have characteristics on iOS?
>>> if yes, i think this might be a bug in qt-ble-android.
>>>
>>> btw, what Qt version is this for Android?
>>
>> We are still on 5.9.3.
>> I need to figure out why 5.10.1 didn’t build as intended
>>

> i think that the issue comes from the java backend which hasn't seen
> new contributions, so this could still be present in the latest Qt
> too.
> i would try with another device to narrow down if this is an issue
> with the Android OS version with the Android device BLE hardware.

I’ll have to see what other Android devices I have that support BLE and
have a different Android OS version - since I tend to update fairly actively
to deal with the security issues in Android, I’m not sure how much luck I’m
going to have there…