Problems - apd ccr dives import

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 23:53:53 PDT 2018

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 6:18 PM, Willem Ferguson <
willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> Hallo Miika,
>
> I was wondering whether you would be prepared to look at these three CCR
> dives. I atteach 4 files:
>
> 1) Three separate text files (.apd) that need import using the Import ->
> Import Log Files dialog. They are labelled dive1 - dive3.
>
> 2) A xml dive log file containing these three dives.
>
> You will notice that the setpoint data for dive 1 is recorded correctly,
> but the setpoint data for the other two dives are erroneous: the po2
> attributes in the xml is frequently updated to reflect some aspect of the
> sensor pO2 and not the setpoint. The reason for this is most probably that
> there has been a a new software release by apd. Look at the headings for
> the columns in the .apd files and you will see that there are differences
> in the rightmost three columns of the text files: Dive 1 differs from the
> other two that come from the newer version of the apd log viewer. My
> feeling is that, if this is indeed due to the upgrade, it would be
> fantastic to cover the new software and forget about the older version.

The difference you see is probably due to different Subsurface versions
when you imported the dives. The format difference should only affect deco
ceiling and GF values as there was one field added before those two.

What is currently imported as po2 field is the one labeled "PPO2 - Setpoint
(Bar)" in the log. If that field is not set, then we use "PPO2 - C1
Measured (Bar)". I think you would prefer this the other way around?

(I am totally ignorant when it comes to CCR diving, so when you say
setpoint, I try to look for a field named that)

miika