divelogs download fails

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 00:26:49 PDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 10:10 AM, Rainer Mohr <mail at divelogs.de> wrote:

> Gentlemen,
>
> A user reported (and I can confirm) that the "download from divelogs.de"
> fails with an error "The archive could not be opened: Seek error. Operation
> not supported on socket". Screenshot attached. Version 4.8.1
>
> I haven't changed anything in the DLD generation process, but the error
> may still be on my part...
>
> Please let me know if there is something for me to do!

We have received the same/similar error report.
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/1534

At least my current understanding is that this is Mac specific, and thus I
cannot debug it at all. However, if it still works with 4.8.0 and does not
work with 4.8.1, then the probelm should be on Subsurface side. If I am not
entirely mistaken, there has been some changes in both codebase/libraries
and the tooling that is used to produce the binaries for Mac. So could be
either one causing the issue.

miika