libdc, libzip, Mac and Android updates

Dirk Hohndel dirk at
Sun Aug 5 16:01:52 PDT 2018

I managed to break^Wfix a few things this weekend.

a) tiny change to libdivecomputer (Linus, this was so trivial that I simply pushed it to our branch... Jef, I /think/ you want this as well) to recognize the Aqualung i750TC as Bluetooth capable divecomputer. I don't know, yet, if it needs any additional code to actually work - I created an Android APK for the one user who appears to have this dive computer to try a download under Android

b) this brings me to the second thing I figured out: building a working APK against Qt 5.11.1. You may remember that I had problems with androiddeployqt not managing to package our APK because a dependency for one of the Qt plugins was unmet. After lots of googling I pieced together enough information to realize that the problem is in qt-android-cmake. I sent a PR to that project and in the meantime switched Subsurface to use my fork of this that actually tells androiddeployqt to scan the QML modules as well for dependencies. Thiago, I thought you might be interested in that part.

c) in the process I got angry at libzip and the consequences of the build fix for Mac that I did yesterday which in turn broke the Android builds on Travis. I think that's sorted and as a side effect we now can use the latest libzip again on Android (with some ugly hacks)

What's still not working is the iOS build and I'm not sure why...


More information about the subsurface mailing list