libdc, libzip, Mac and Android updates

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Tue Aug 7 06:23:32 PDT 2018

On 2018-08-06 01:01, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> a) tiny change to libdivecomputer (Linus, this was so trivial that I
> simply pushed it to our branch... Jef, I /think/ you want this as
> well) to recognize the Aqualung i750TC as Bluetooth capable
> divecomputer. I don't know, yet, if it needs any additional code to
> actually work - I created an Android APK for the one user who appears
> to have this dive computer to try a download under Android

I also don't know whether bluetooth (rfcomm) communication will work out
of the box or not. I know from Nick that the BLE communication requires
some small changes to protocol, and to make things even worse there are
several different BLE variants. So BLE support will certainly need some
more work first. But for rfcomm, I have no idea. I don't even know
whether the device support it.

So for the time being, I think I'll postpone applying this patch until
someone can conform it does indeed work. Otherwise it will create false
expectations for users.

Note that there are some more bluetooth capable models as well:

  * Aeris A300CS
  * Oceanic Pro Plus X
  * Oceanic VTX
  * Aqualung i300C (not supported yet)