help needed: Android devices and FTDI dive computers

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Aug 8 11:53:04 PDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 08:50:21PM +0300, Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor wrote:
> I don't think it will help bet here goes

Actually, this does help a lot. It tells me that Tusa didn't modify the
default information for the FTDI TTL232R-3V3 chip that they use.
That's a great data point to have.

> Tusa zen iq900
> Usb cable connected to galaxy s9+
> Official android 8.0.0
> Cable not original is a ttl232r3v3we
>
> USB Device Info
> Device Info
> Device Path: /dev/bus/usb/001/002
> Device Class: Use class information in the Interface Descriptors (0x0)
> Vendor ID:  0403
> Vendor Name (reported):  FTDI
> Vendor Name (from DB):  Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
> Product ID:  f460
> Product Name (reported):  TTL232R-3V3
> Product Name (from DB):  not found

Yep, straight FTDI info. And that's what we may get from most of these
cables. I'm mostly hoping that there are at least a few where we get more.