help needed: Android devices and FTDI dive computers

Matt Thompson mathomp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:02:41 PDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 11:41 AM Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I need help from people who have both an Android device, an FTDI dive
> computer / download cable, and a way to connect the two (OTG cable for
> older phones - for USB C phones this tends to be simply a USB C/A adapter)
>
> Can you install the USB Device Info app from the app store, plug in the
> FTDI cable, and send me the device info that is shown (plus any
> descriptive information about the dive computer / download cable that you
> used)?
>
> This is a Suunto D4i with the official Suunto cable.

Device Info
Device Path: /dev/bus/usb/001/009
Device Class: Use class information in the Interface Descriptors (0x0)
Vendor ID:  0403
Vendor Name (reported):  Suunto
Vendor Name (from DB):  Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
Product ID:  f680
Product Name (reported):  Suunto Sports Instrument
Product Name (from DB):  not found

Additional Info
Interface #0
Class: Vendor Specific (0xff)