Crash downloading from Cobalt 2 from Subsurface mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Aug 8 13:44:57 PDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 03:26:44PM -0500, Matt Thompson wrote:
> In looking at the FTDI info I tried downloading dives from my Cobalt 2 for
> the first time using the bluetooth experimental build from a couple of days
> ago.  There were no new dives to be downloaded as shown in the attached log
> but after checking for new dives, the app simply crashes.

Here's the interesting part of the log:

"160.834: DCDownloadThread started for Atomic Aquatics Cobalt 2 on FTDI"
Starting download from  ftdi
Starting the thread 0
"160.855: model=Cobalt 2 firmware=161218564 serial=45150833"
"160.879: Dive 1: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:07 PM"
"160.879: Already downloaded dive at Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:07 PM"

Of course it's lying to you because it is NOT using FTDI - this is a USB
device that it just talks to directly. And it seems to successfully talk
to the Cobalt, able to download the the firmware version (that number does
look odd), serial number (also looks a bit odd), first dive and then move
on.

What I'd love to know is why it crashes... nothing in the log indicates
what's going wrong there...