Crash downloading from Cobalt 2 from Subsurface mobile

Matt Thompson mathomp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:54:07 PDT 2018

> Of course it's lying to you because it is NOT using FTDI - this is a USB

device that it just talks to directly.

Good to know.  I'll stop posting about that one in FTDI threads :)

> And it seems to successfully talk
> to the Cobalt, able to download the the firmware version (that number does
> look odd),

Indeed. The firmware version reported on the device is 2.460/4

> serial number (also looks a bit odd),

The serial number is actually (mostly) correct.  As reported on the device
it is 4515-0833 as opposed to 45150833

> first dive and then move on.
>
> What I'd love to know is why it crashes... nothing in the log indicates
> what's going wrong there...

Yup.  No other information on screen or anything. Just the Android system
dialog telling me it crashed and offering to launch the app again.