more help needed: Android + FTDI, Cobalt, Suunot EON Steel/Core, Scubapro G2/Aladin Square

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Aug 9 05:49:35 PDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 11:55:42PM -0500, Matt Thompson wrote:

> > Here's what I'd like people to try - even if you only have an Android
> > device that currently doesn't allow us to download via USB OTG! We won't
> > try to download, we just want to see if the automation for picking the
> > right vendor / product / connection is working as intended...
>
> Auto launched Subsurface mobile with both the Cobalt 2 and Suunto D4i.  If
> Subsurface was not already running it did not switch to the download page
> automatically.

Correct. There is some code missing that I still need to write. When
Subsurface-mobile is launched by the Intent (i.e., by Android detecting a
USB devie we have registered our interest in) we need to wait until the
app is fully launched and ready before we try to open the download page.

So this is a known issue and will be addressed. Once I find the time to
work on it :-)

> If Subsurface was open or running in the background it did
> automatically pull up the download page and fill in details.  Cobalt 2 was
> completely ready to go.  Suunto only had the manufacturer selected
> (probably all we can hope for based on the cable implementation.)

Thanks for the confirmation that this works as I had hoped.

> i750TC did not ask about which app to use when I plugged it in.  Info sent
> on the other thread.

Yes, that will be fixed in the next build.