help needed: Android devices and FTDI dive computers

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Aug 9 09:31:24 PDT 2018

On Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 10:48:51AM -0500, Matt Thompson wrote:

> > Well, since I am on a run having you test completely untested code...
> > here's one that's even more untested...
> >
> You caught me working from home for a few days so I have ready access to my
> dive computers. :D

He. I work from home a lot. But not this week (well, back home tonight).

> It was a good run but not much success this time.

Drat.

> For some reason Subsurface still does not pop up as an option when I plug
> in the i750.  Also, Subsurface does not switch to the download page
> automatically with either of my other two computers even if the app is
> currently running so a bit of a regression.  Downloading does still work
> from the Cobalt and the D4i but does not work for the i750.  Logs from the
> failed i750 attempt are below.

I was afraid that we'd regress on the switching to download page...
changing Java code always has me extra nervous.

> "0.508: 321 dives loaded from cache"
> "0.509: have cloud credentials, trying to connect"
> "0.509: Have credentials, let's see if they are valid"
> Completed connection with cloud storage backend, response "[OK]"
> "Set GPS service update interval to 300 s"
> "0.994: Set GPS service update interval to 300 s"
> checkPendingIntents

THIS should be when we process the intent that caused us to open the app.
So the code is run, it's just not doing what I thought it would do :-/

> "3.064: Cloud sync shows local cache was current"
> "13.754: DCDownloadThread started for Aqualung i750TC on "
> Starting download from  BT
> connecting to Uuid "{00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}"
> connectToService() "00:00:00:00:00:00"
> "{00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}"

It's using BT. What happens if you pick FTDI for download?

Oh, and I don't understand why you weren't asked to open Subsurface-mobile
when you plugged it in. Is there a typo in my code? Can you again send me
the data from USB Device Info for that cable?

Thanks