help needed: Android devices and FTDI dive computers

Matt Thompson mathomp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 09:55:32 PDT 2018

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 11:31 AM Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I was afraid that we'd regress on the switching to download page...
> changing Java code always has me extra nervous.
>
> > "0.508: 321 dives loaded from cache"
> > "0.509: have cloud credentials, trying to connect"
> > "0.509: Have credentials, let's see if they are valid"
> > Completed connection with cloud storage backend, response "[OK]"
> > "Set GPS service update interval to 300 s"
> > "0.994: Set GPS service update interval to 300 s"
> > checkPendingIntents
>
> THIS should be when we process the intent that caused us to open the app.
> So the code is run, it's just not doing what I thought it would do :-/
>
> It's using BT. What happens if you pick FTDI for download?
>
> It defaulted to BT but I also tried FTDI further down in the log:
"22.782: DCDownloadThread started for Aqualung i750TC on FTDI"
Starting download from  ftdi
"22.786: Unsupported operation"
Finishing download thread: "Unable to open ftdi Aqualung (i750TC)"
no new dives downloaded
"22.815: DCDownloadThread finished"

The Unsupported operation seems relevant...

Oh, and I don't understand why you weren't asked to open Subsurface-mobile
> when you plugged it in. Is there a typo in my code? Can you again send me
> the data from USB Device Info for that cable?

Device Info
Device Path: /dev/bus/usb/001/002
Device Class: Use class information in the Interface Descriptors (0x0)
Vendor ID:  0403
Vendor Name (reported):  FTDI
Vendor Name (from DB):  Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
Product ID:  6015
Product Name (reported):  FT231X USB UART
Product Name (from DB):  not found

Additional Info
Interface #0
Class: Vendor Specific (0xff)