help needed: Android devices and FTDI dive computers

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Aug 9 11:03:06 PDT 2018

On Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 10:00:48AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > > Oh, and I don't understand why you weren't asked to open Subsurface-mobile
> > > when you plugged it in. Is there a typo in my code? Can you again send me
> > > the data from USB Device Info for that cable?
> >
> > Device Info
> > Device Path: /dev/bus/usb/001/002
> > Device Class: Use class information in the Interface Descriptors (0x0)
> > Vendor ID:  0403
> > Vendor Name (reported):  FTDI
> > Vendor Name (from DB):  Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
> > Product ID:  6015
>
> So that's 1027/24597
>
> +    <usb-device vendor-id="1027" product-id="24597"/>
>
> Which is why I don't understand why the page didn't open...

I looked through your log again. You were running .161 which should have
exactly that line in it's device-filter.xml in the sources.
But then I unpack the .apk and see that the device-filter.xml in there is
the old one.

ARG. android/res vs. android-mobile/res

Fixed. I hope. New binary is up:

http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-mobile-4.8.1.162-arm.apk