help needed: Android devices and FTDI dive computers

Thomas Fänge thomas.fange at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 23:20:18 PDT 2018

Hi Dirk,

Connected my Mares Dive Link cable to my Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact (using a
USB-C OTG cable), and the USB Device Info app said the following:

Device Info
Device Path: /dev/bus/usb/001/002
Device Class: Use class information in the Interface Descriptors (0x0)
Vendor ID:  10c4
Vendor Name (reported):  Silicon Labs
Vendor Name (from DB):  Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc.
Product ID:  ea60
Product Name (reported):  CP2109 USB to UART Bridge Controller

Product Name (from DB):  not found

Additional Info
Interface #0
Class: Vendor Specific (0xff)
Endpoint: #0

Address        : 0x01 (00000001)
Number         : 1

Direction      : Outbound (0x0)
Type           : Bulk (0x2)
Poll Interval  : 0
Max Packet Size: 64
Attributes     : 000000010

Endpoint: #1

Address        : 0x82 (10000010)
Number         : 2
Direction      : Inbound (0x80)
Type           : Bulk (0x2)
Poll Interval  : 0
Max Packet Size: 64
Attributes     : 000000010

Note that the Subsurface App didn't automatically start when cable was
connected (but eg. the DiveMate app does if it is installed).

Best regards,
Thomas