Troubles with SmartTrak log import

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 02:34:38 PDT 2018

Good morning, Franck and Robert.

On Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 11:27:22PM +0200, Robert Helling wrote:
> HI,
>
> > On 9. Aug 2018, at 22:45, Franck TACHOUERES <franck.tachoueres at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm attaching my SmartTrak newspaper (aladin prime) if you can help.

I'm privately sending you  an .xml file containing the converted .slg.
There are some import failures (about 20 dives, most recent 413 and
408) whose
profiles are not imported due to an error reported by libdivecomputer.

BTW, there are a lot of dives which lack of tank info. This may be
correct or not. Some feedback about this point would be much
apreciated.

Remember:  DO NOT erase the smartrak .slg; the wrong info could be
recovered in the future.

> > Maybe the log is too big (more than 400 dives)?

Not a problem, works fine with greater files.

> I tried to run the converter on the command line. For some reason it dies. Have to investigate this further.
>
> BEst
> Robert

The issue is quite weird:
1.- I can only reproduce it with Franck's file.
2.- It crashes with previous versions (at least not a regression).
3.- We get a SIGBUS while running release mode, but not in debug mode.

I recognize I'm a bit lost here.

Will keep investigating too.

Best regards.

Salva.