help needed: Android devices and FTDI dive computers

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Sat Aug 11 09:26:32 PDT 2018

On 11 August, 2018 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> > On Aug 10, 2018, at 11:08 PM, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
> >
> > I'd rather say that we don't have this pid listed in serial_ftdi.c
>
> You are of course correct.
>
> The fact that everywhere else we use the decimal value of VID/PID, but in
> that file we use hex really doesn't make it easier to find what could be wrong
> when you are searching for it.
>
> I'll fix that and build a new test binary

That's one if the stupid things with the current libftdi thingie that I
would like to see removed. If we pass something more inteligent to the
open function, like a device, bus/devnum, vid/pid or something, we can
remove that internal list and just access whatever the caller asked us
to open. That way we can remove the searching from there to.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604