help needed: Android devices and FTDI dive computers

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Aug 11 10:03:00 PDT 2018

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018, 07:14 Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> The fact that everywhere else we use the decimal value of VID/PID, but in
> that file we use hex really doesn't make it easier to find what could be
> wrong
> when you are searching for it.

Honestly, it's the "everywhere else we use decimal" that is just strange
and wrong.

USB IDs are pretty much always given in hex. Decimal values there are just
really odd. I was wondering why you used them earlier.

Every single tool that reports USB IDs that I've ever seen has used the hex
format.

    Linus