Cloud Site Issue

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Aug 14 14:16:54 PDT 2018

> On Aug 14, 2018, at 2:13 PM, Bryan Oliver <oliverwritescode at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Update, I just checked again and they are now showing up. I guess it just took a while.

That should happen fairly quickly… usually faster than people are able to test. I wonder what delayed it.

One issue is that often browsers cache some of the files we modify - see below :-)

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2018, 4:45 PM Bryan Oliver <oliverwritescode at gmail.com <mailto:oliverwritescode at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hey Dirk,
>
> I was attempting to play with the cloud.subsurface-divelog.org <http://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/> site today. I manually entered a dive into the Mobile app and then processed a Manual sync. It shows up without issue in the Desktop app, but has yet to show up on the site. Do I need to run something else to get it to show up there?
>
> Also thought I'd mention, web and web mobile are areas I can do a lot of work on. So if we have any ideas for improving/adding to the cloud web page I'd be happy to take on some of those challenges. I didn't see anything in the github issues (granted I only looked for a brief time) so thought I'd mention it here.

Are there ways to mark things on the server so that the browsers don’t cache the .js files that we send? Because that’s the #1 source of user problems - old versions of files in the browser cache.

There are many more areas where we would love to get help - your areas of expertise are a bit vague, can you provide some more background (if you don’t want to do that in public than personal email to me is fine, too).

Thanks