Dive computer tool for blind and visually impaired divers

Simon Eigeldinger simon.eigeldinger at vol.at
Sat Aug 18 06:58:58 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I am Simon and I am a blind diver.
I have now around 140 dives under my belt and have no dive computer at
the moment which is a problem.
Mainly the problem is that i can't read the display but thats a
different story.
I want/should take a dive computer with me to act as a black box if
something happens.
And also as a logging tool later when i am out and i want to know something.
Is there a small tool or could someone write one to get the data off of
the dive computer and then write it in a text file or csv file to make
all the info on the dive accessible for me.
I don't know if dive computers also log the dive profile that way that
it saves each sensor reading in a internal table with time, depth, water
temperature and other info and if that also could be exported.
the problem is i can't use most of the diving software because of their
graphical nature and the problem how the GUI has been made.

I know there are not many blind divers around but such a tool would be
pretty handy.
my main OS is Windows but a command line tool would be the most portable
to be multiplatform.

i am also looking for a cheap dive computer for that because i guess the
more expensive ones have features i never use. *smile*.
The only gases i currently use is normal air and nitrox.

would be great if someone could help out or knows a tool that could do that.

Greetings and thanks,
Simon

---