Dive computer tool for blind and visually impaired divers

Simon Eigeldinger simon.eigeldinger at vol.at
Mon Aug 20 10:07:34 PDT 2018

Hi Robert,

I guess that guy was me. *smile*
well basically i guess i just need a little tool that exports the dive
profile to csv.
will try tomorrow to get a dive computer from a friend and export that
dive profile from tomorrow with subsurface.
the windows i need might be enough accessible.

i am using windows 10 home.
i guess just a csv file might be enough.

Greetings and have a nice holiday.

Simon

Am 20.08.2018 um 14:52 schrieb Robert C. Helling:
> Simon,
>
>> Am 18.08.2018 um 15:58 schrieb Simon Eigeldinger <simon.eigeldinger at vol.at>:
>>
>> I am Simon and I am a blind diver.
>
> A couple of months ago, we were contacted by another blind diver who was interested to make the subsurface user interface more usable with text-to-speech. That never led anywhere but only due to lack of developer time. But this is still on my todo list. Maybe this would also be interesting to you. My problem to start with was that due to training I was pretty much lost with the text to speech interface even with staring at the screen. I would need to collaborate with experience with those tools.
>
> For what you envisioned: could you create a mock up of the file format that would suite your needs. It shouldn’t be too difficult to hack a command line version for you. What operating system are you on?
>
> Best
> Robert
>
> PS: currently on vacation and thus writing on the phone only.

---