Fwd: Re: missing data in "notes" window

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Aug 28 03:29:49 PDT 2018

On 28/08/2018 10:06, maría alonso wrote:

>   * Subsurface 4.8.1
>   * Windows 7 professional
>   * mares puck or none
>

> Hello,
> I've recently started using Subsurface. I imported some of my dives
> from Macdive, some from my dive computer (a mares puck, that might
> looks odd in this community with a lot of top edge computers...) and
> some i logged them manually, because I overestimated the memory of
> dive computers...
> The thing is that in the notes window, in some dives I can see and
> edit depth and bottom time and in some other dives it just doesnt
> appear in the window. I add screenshots. Sorry, but it is in Spanish ;)
>
> Thanks

If dives are added by hand (i.e. dive is NOT imported from Puck), the
depth and bottom time need to be provided. If the dive has been*imported
from a dive computer*, then the depth and bottom time fields are not
visible: this is because the depth and bottom time are automatically
part of the uploaded dive profile. Your screenshot that does not have
these fields appear to be an uploaded dive, although something probably
went wrong with the upload, firstly because the bottom time is extremely
short (only a few seconds) and secondly because the bottom of the
profile says "No computer", ( It should say "Mares Puck"), thirdly
because it goes to exactly 15m. Is it perhaps a workshop calibration
dive during service or battery replacement of the Puck?
Kind regards,
willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf