Support for Gamrin Descent MK1

Wojciech Więckowski xplwowi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 19:06:25 PDT 2018

On 30.08.2018 03:40, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 12:52 PM Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds at linux-foundation.org <mailto:torvalds at linux-foundation.org>>
> wrote:
> >
> > It's the 'garmin-descent' branch of
> >
> > https://github.com/torvalds/libdc-for-dirk.git
> >
> > and the way it currently works is that you build this version of
> > libdivecomputer together with the current git version of subsurface,
> > and you can download directly from your Garmin Descent.
>
> Now the downloading actually works, and does something.
>
> Wojciech, this is what your FIT data looks like when the current
> branch downloads it directly.
>
> Garmin-5.png
>
> (although I don't know if images will actually show up correctly on
> the google groups thing).
>
> I don't import everything - things like gas mixes and changes (and any
> events) are currently just ignored.
>
> But the basics certainly work.
>
>                            Linus

Wow - I'm impressed. I just strarted testing dctool compiled from your
branch. In comment for commit modifying common.c I informed you that:
src/libdivecomputer.symbols has no symbol dc_usb_storage_open added.
It's not exported by libdivecomputer and linking dctools fails with
undefined reference... error.

I'm reading your commits messages and observing code changes.
There are a lot of GPS coordinates stored in LAP records but I see no
reason to support them as whole dive summary is stored in SESSION
record. Laps are created after surfacing, spending there less than 1
minute (time can be defined) and immersing again. Laps don't affect
sample timers, what is obvious as they are related to Garmin's epoch.

/WW