New filter tool for Subsurface desktop.

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Dec 31 00:58:21 PST 2018

With the latest release of Subsurface-desktop, the new filter tool has
been implemented. Attached a screenshot of the filter on my Ubuntu
18.04. It appears a major improvement on the old design. However I have
two issues:

1) The screen layout wastes a huge amount of space in the top half of
the screen layout and does not appear neat at all. I would have expected
the vertical layout to be much closer.

2) I cannot find a button  to show only the dives that has been
specified in the filter. I can specify dates or tags to be filtered but
I cannot find a way to trigger the filtering action. Is there a vertical
scroll bar missing to see something off-screen?

This will require quite a few changes to images in the user manual, but
I will do that after I feel the filter layout and action have been
finalised. ok?

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to