time for 4.7.7

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Feb 2 11:05:25 PST 2018

> On Feb 2, 2018, at 10:32 AM, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> On 02-02-18 18:51, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> I’m finally back and feeling well. Still catching up with all the activity on GitHub - it’s so nice to see that things continue even if I’m not available.
>> Thanks to Jan, Robert, Lubomir, and everyone else who kept things moving!
>
> Good to have you back Dirk. As you can see on GitHub, I (and I think most of guys that can commit to master) sometimes struggle a little with the question "Should I commit this or just wait for Dirk?" And than Willem starts asking "do I need to do something to my PR to get it merged" :-) when a simple PR is sitting idle for a couple of days.

In general very few things really NEED me (I think). But if there are specific questions and I’m not responding, shoot me an email… that usually works.

>> It’s been over a month since the last release, the CHANGELOG doesn’t show a lot of exciting activity, but we decided to try for a much more steady release cadence, so I think we should do this.
>
> Agree, and we might even consider a new mobile version to the respective app stores, as we are still sitting at 2.0.1 (4.7.4-280), so we (deliberately? not sure) do not follow the monthly schedule there. Obviously, the relevant progress there is a little less, but funny was that Robert and me at Boot Dusseldorf immediately had to say to Matthias "oh, that issue you are trying to show us with the mobile app is already fixed upstream”.

Yeah, that sucks. I am less diligent with updating the mobile app because it’s such a pain to do so. But I’m happy to release a 2.0.2 (or whatever) there as well.